What is Dye Sublimation?
Literal meaning: sublimation is the phase transition of a substance from a solid directly to a gas without going through a liquid phase occurring under specific temperature and pressure conditions.
As a process, it is the method of applying an image to specially coated ceramics, metals and polyester cloth, using three main ingredients, sublimation ink, heat and pressure.
Where can sublimation be used?
Sublimation allows for the creation of thousands of full-color, true photo quality products in numerous markets, such as apparel, gifts, awards, recognition, promotional products, signage, recognition pieces, tile murals and much more. Whatever your business' primary focus, dye sublimation allows for a wide interpretation of product solutions across many market segments.
How does the dye sublimation process work?
1. Print an image to a supported inkjet printer using specialty sublimation inks on sublimation-friendly paper.
2. Paste the printed paper to a sublimation blank(e.g. mugs, plates, tiles and so on).
3. Place the product with sublimation paper under a heat press. Adjust appropriate time and temperature. After the time expires, remove the product (using protective heat gloves is recommended when handling many sublimation products), tear away the transfer paper and admire the finished image, the product is ready for delivery after cooling.
What consumables do you need for Dye Sublimation Printing?
1. An inkjet printer or laser printer with sublimation ink,
2. Sublimation Ink (to go with above printers for artwork output),
3. Sublimation paper, or transfer dark / light paper, laser transfer paper,
4. Heat press machines (mug press, plate press, flat clamshell press, cap press, vacuum press, etc.),
5. Thermal tape, to help fix the paper printer on substrates.
6. Dye-sub printable blank materials, ceramics, glass, woods, polymer, aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
Why Choose Mug Favor for Sublimation Products?
1. Quick response for your inquiry--all inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
2. The best quality products with strict QC team
a. Coat components imported from Europe,
b. Coating technology rank the best in China,
c. Pre-In-Post production QC & print test fully conducted to monitor quality,
d. Close, long-term cooperation with the biggest material plants, 100% QC on come-in raw materials.
3. The best after sale service
a. On-time tracking information after all delivery,
b. Record & reply all complaints received within 24 hours, and move for solutions in a few days,
c. The most professional selling team help you to win the market-with 10 years export experience, we know the market very well and can give you all-round tips to grow your business.